MelOn is the largest and one of the most influential online music store of South Korea. Digital sales (downloads and streams) contribute a big chunk to most music shows’ ranking system and year-end award events and so it would be very helpful to purchase and stream BLACKPINK’s songs from MelOn or other Korean online music store. This post will guide you on how to create a MelOn account. If you already have an account and wants to know how to download/stream on MelOn, check this post.
As of August 4, MelOn has restricted its registration to only those with Korean phone number and/or those with a KakaoTalk account. The instructions below will guide you on how to create a MelOn account using a KakaoTalk account (+ KakaoTalk registration process).
1. Go to melon.com and click on MelOn Login.
2. Click ‘Kakao Account Login’ button as seen on photo.
3. Login if you already have an existing Kakao account, otherwise click ‘Sign Up’ to register.
4. Check circles to agree to (required) terms.
5. Fill up necessary fields and click ‘Next’.
6. Verification code will be sent to the email you provided. Check your email and input the code sent to you.
7. You have successfully created a Kakao account! Click ‘Confirm’ to proceed to the next step.
8. Click ‘Agree’ button to proceed.
9. Tick (required) boxes and register on MelOn via Kakaotalk account by clicking the green button as seen below.
10. You have successfully created a Kakao account! Click ‘Confirm’ (the green button below) to proceed to homepage.